Amicus Champions of Change
Please join us for an inspiring and free online celebration showcasing how community can be a healing force in our justice system.
The destructive impacts of both COVID-19 and racial injustice are deeply felt by those in our criminal justice system. How can we begin to heal? It starts where it always starts: with trust, commitment and friendship.
For over five decades, Amicus has been a healing force in our community. It has reached out to those reentering society after incarceration, offering support, connection and community.
This year, the annual Amicus Champions of Change event has been reimagined as a virtual gathering you can attend safely at home. It is open to everyone, so please invite your friends and colleagues!
Presenters from many perspectives will speak on:
- Their own stories of healing through support, connection and second chances
- The current status of Amicus' work to advance community well-being and justice
- The lessons 2020 taught us about the criminal justice system
- How we might center human dignity and minimize the harms of criminal legal system involvement
- The role individuals can play in supporting second chances and community justice
Amicus will also honor longtime volunteer and community advocate Scott Sayer as this year's Champion of Change!
Thank you to our generous sponsors: