“It is impossible to express in a few words how we feel about the changes in our son and our family since the Bar None experience. It saved our son’s life.”—Anonymous parents
Bar None ShelterPlus
Enhanced shelter services for youth
Bar None ShelterPlus Residential Services offers hope and a comprehensive array of effective children’s shelter-care services on the Bar None campus.
These services are individualized, culturally affirmative, and designed to provide trauma-informed care to both male and female youth. Bar None utilizes the ARISE Life Skills Curriculum and offers evidence-based skills groups. Norris Lake is specifically designed to connect with disengaged, at-risk youth, helping them prepare for successful transition.
22426 St. Francis Boulevard Nowthen, Minnesota 55303
General phone: 763-753-2500
Monday - Friday,
WHO WE SERVE
Males and Females between the ages of 12-17.
Funding for the shelter program is solely through county social services/corrections screening and approval.
How we help
The primary goal of Bar None ShelterPlus is to help youth prepare for successful transition back into community.
Youth at Bar None will develop foundational skills and maintenance in:
- Safety and Life Skills
- Emotion Regulation Skills
- Pro-social and Conflict Resolution Skills
- Communication and Empathy Skills
Bar None ShelterPlus
Short Term Stabilization and Enhanced Services
- Trauma informed environment
- Safe and supportive temporary living
- Stabilization of behavior
- Life skill development
ShelterPlus Services We Provide
- Behavioral Assessment
- Baseline Assessments
- Community-based recreational opportunities
- Discharge planning
- Nursing level medical screening
- On-site education/school
- Placement recommendations
- Skills coaching
- Needs Assessment
Additional Coordinated Services Available
• Ancillary services available include Psychiatric Medication Management, Diagnostic Assessments and Psychosexual Evaluations.
- For referrals and more information, contact Sara Ellis — Intake Coordinator
- Phone: 763-252-4541
- Fax: 888-965-5125