Charitable gift annuities
How it works
- You transfer cash or securities to Volunteers of America of Minnesota.
- Volunteers of America of Minnesota pays you, or up to two annuitants you name, a lifetime annuity.
- The principal passes to Volunteers of America of Minnesota when the contract ends.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- Your lifetime annuity is backed by a reserve and the full assets of Volunteers of America of Minnesota.
- Your annuity payments are treated as part ordinary income, part capital gains income (15%), and part tax-free income.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and Volunteers of America of Minnesota later.
We invite you to contact us for more information so that we can assist you or your representative through each step of the process. Thank you again for including Volunteers of America of Minnesota in your charitable giving.
- Contact us with any questions
- Phone: 952-945-4000