How it works
- You contribute securities or other appreciating assets to a charitable lead trust.
- The trust makes annual payments to Volunteers of America of Minnesota for a period of time.
- When the trust terminates, the remaining principal is paid to your heirs.
- The present value of the income payments to Volunteers of America reduces your gift/estate tax.
- All appreciation that takes place in the trust goes tax-free to your heirs.
- The amount and term of the payments to Volunteers of America can be set so as to reduce or even eliminate transfer taxes due when the principal reverts to your heirs.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift to Volunteers of America now that reduces the taxes due on transfers to your heirs later.
We invite you to contact us for more information so that we can assist you or your representative through each step of the process. Thank you again for including Volunteers of America of Minnesota in your charitable giving.