How it works
- You transfer appreciated securities to Volunteers of America of Minnesota.
- Volunteers of America of Minnesota sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the securities you donate.
- You can direct your gift to a specific fund or purpose.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now or funding a life-income gift that benefits Volunteers of America later.
We invite you to contact us for more information so that we can assist you or your representatives through each step of the process. Thank you again for including Volunteers of America of Minnesota in your charitable giving.