Highrise Social Services Q&A

Frequently asked questions

How can I qualify to live in an Minneapolis Public Housing Authority highrise?

Individuals who are interested in living in a MPHA highrise building should contact the Minneapolis Public Housing Authority (MPHA) at (612) 342-1400. TTY numbers for hearing impaired individuals are as follows: Public housing (612) 342-1415, Section 8 (612) 342-1474. MPHA’s normal business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The MPHA main office is located at the intersection of 10th and Washington on the north end of Minneapolis’ Warehouse District. 

I am under 60 years of age, but am not disabled, but I live in an MPHA highrise. Am I eligible for services from the Volunteers of America Highrise Social Services program?

Volunteers of America Highrise Social Service program staff may provide you with information on resources available, but cannot provide case management.

Are there many other services provided to MPHA residents?

Yes. Many Minneapolis Public Housing Authority (MPHA) buildings have resident services that are unique to each specific building, such as food delivery, postal truck hours, grocery buses, blood pressure nurse, etc. These services are coordinated and monitored by the resident initiative office of the Minneapolis Public Housing Authority.