How we help
Health And Nutrition Programs
- Senior Dining program: Hot nutritious meals are served Monday through Friday at Park ElderCenter. Participants should sign up at least two business days ahead by calling 612-339-8629. The recommended donation for people age 60 and older is $3 per meal, but participants may pay what they can afford. A monthly menu is available.
- Monthly wellness luncheons: Park ElderCenter provides a nutritious lunch along with information about various health topics.
- Food distribution program: For individuals 50 and older. Program is provided by the Greater Lake Country Food Bank.
- Exercise classes
- AA support group
Educational and Cultural Events
- Workshops: Provided on critical health topics such as cancer, heart disease and other wellness topics, as well as different cultures that are a part of our community.
- Computer lab: Equipped with high-speed Internet access. Adults may use the lab when there are not classes.
- Volunteer opportunities: Park ElderCenter offers many opportunities for individuals to make a difference in the community by volunteering. Volunteer positions available at Park ElderCenter include front desk receptionist, special event host, data entry, computer instructor and more. Call 612-339-7581 for a list of current opportunities and for more information.
- African-American Senior Connections: offers positive cultural, educational and social experiences for older African-American adults to help them remain healthy and safe.
- Hmong Elder Connections: offers positive cultural, educational and social experiences for seniors of the Hmong community to help preserve their physical and emotional health and well-being.
Social Work Services
Park ElderCenter’s social worker can meet with individuals at the center or within the privacy of their own homes to discuss a variety of matters affecting well-being. Typical issues include:
- Medicare and health care issues
- Housing options
- Financial concerns
- Legal issues
This program is funded through a grant from the Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging as part of the federal Older Americans Act. Your contributions to the program are always welcome so that we many extend these services to as many people as possible.