Southwest DayElders participants will experience a warm environment that supports physical, emotional, and spiritual health. For over 20 years, our staff has honored the individuality of each person, treating everyone with dignity and respect. The participants find friendships, meaning and hope in a safe, caring community of peers who encourage and support one another.
Southwest Senior Center
Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.– 2:30 p.m.
Adults age 30 and up who need support during the day and/or whose family needs respite from caregiving
The cost includes all activities, a hot nutritious lunch, snacks, and daily transportation to and from the program, as well as transportation for trips in the community. Many participants meet guidelines for financial assistance through state, county or health provider programs. We accept Elderly Waiver, CADI Waiver, AC, TBI Waiver, long term care insurance and private pay.
How we help
DayElders staff work closely with each participant and his/her caregiver(s) to create an individual care plan that addresses that person’s specific needs and goals. A social worker is available to work with the participant and can work with caregivers to provide information, support, and assistance.
Because Southwest Day Elders is located at Southwest Senior Center, participants and caregivers are able to take advantage of the Center’s many wellness, educational, cultural and social programs and social work services.
- Physical exercise (strength training, balance, stretching, walking, modified exercise)
- Mental exercise (Memory and word games, brain games)
- Current events discussions
- Art and music activities
- Healthy lunch and snacks
- Informational programs
- Health monitoring
- Cultural programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Field trips
- Diabetes Club
- Access to social worker
- Weekly blood pressure and weight checks
- Quarterly on-site consultation with a physical therapist
- Reporting and consultation with participants’ health care providers, as needed
- Monthly visits from a registered nurse
Southwest DayElders is licensed by the State of MN.
- For more information, contact Laura Campbell — Manager
- Phone: 612-822-3194