Highrise Social Services

Dignity in supportive services

Highrise-SS-photo.jpgHighrise Social Services staff work in 40 of the Minneapolis Public Housing Authority apartment buildings to provide case management, information and referral and group services to residents who are age 60 and older and/or are disabled.

Office Location

Volunteers of America - Minnesota Highrise Social Services
311 University Ave. NE, Suite 101, Minneapolis, MN 55413

Office hours

Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.


Residents of Minneapolis Public Housing Authority buildings

How we help

Our Highrise Social Service staff help residents manage a variety of individual social services matters including economic assistance eligibility (i.e., medical assistance, food stamps and cash assistance), physical and mental health, financial concerns, housing needs and personal crises. Additionally, our staff works with Hennepin County and other community social service agencies to identify appropriate services that will assist residents in continuing to live independently.

Our bilingual Somali staff is available to meet the language and specialized cultural needs of our Somali residents. Additionally, staff have access to a language line in order to meet the language needs of all residents.

Minneapolis Public Housing Authority Family/General Housing Programs

The Minneapolis Public Housing Authority (MPHA) is the public agency responsible for administering public housing for eligible individuals and families in Minneapolis.

Case Management

We can provide intake interviews and assessments for residents to determine the services required to keep the resident independent including their housing, health and finances.

Information and Support

We can provide information about resources available to keep residents independent, as well as assist residents in accessing these services.

Group Services

We can arrange for and/or lead group services and community services of value to the residents including community education, health groups and resident councils.

For more information,

contact our office

Phone: 612-821-2189
Fax: 612-378-3884


Bill Melton, LSW
Rhonda Peterson, LSW