How we help
One to One: Amicus' Mentoring Volunteer Opportunity for over 50 Years
- Our One to One service is one of the most long-lasting and respected re-entry mentoring programs in the state of Minnesota. It provides friendship to those preparing to leave Minnesota state correctional facilities and includes visiting both within the correctional facility and support after an inmate is released into community.
- We ask for a minimum of one visit or connection a month and a commitment of at least one year.
- Both volunteers and participants are interviewed and matched for similar interests and compatibility. Both volunteers and participants have the opportunity to decline a match
- Volunteers attend a single-night orientation/information session and are offered quarterly support groups and additional training throughout the year.
- Participants are able to access a full range of support services from Amicus post-release including help finding employment and housing.