VOA Adult High School
Hope through a free high school education
VOA Adult High School offers classes for all levels of adult learners age 21 and up who need a high school diploma. ESL, English, math, science, and social studies classes meet in the evening. Students are enrolled in classes based on their current reading and math levels.
Our competency-based state standard adult high school diploma program and K-12 credit recovery classes are available to students who meet a minimum testing requirement. Others are enrolled in our ESL or Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes to improve their basic skills while gaining knowledge in subjects that are required for the diploma.
If you are interested in volunteering at VOA Adult High School, please contact Kate Ronald at 612-278-4239 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers of America-Minnesota Education Center
Classes: Monday through Thursday, from 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Adults age 21 and over who need a high school diploma or are English Language Learners
Drop-in enrollment is during school hours, 3:00-9:00p.m., Monday-Thursday, except on days when the school is closed.
How we help
Classes are offered in multiple levels to meet the needs of individual students. Students are assessed on a regular basis to determine when they are ready to move to the next level.
Features of VOA Adult High School include:
- Daily independent study class in the computer lab
- Challenging course work to prepare you for work and post-secondary instruction
- Competency-based Adult Diploma Program for students who qualify
- Convenient location near train and bus lines
- Licensed high school, ABE and ESL teachers
- Multiple class levels from Beginning ESL to Adult Secondary to meet the needs of all students
- Opportunity to interact with students of different backgrounds
- For more information, contact Kate Ronald — Director
- Phone: 612-278-4239
- Fax: 888-657-3562